Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just a little bit of what's happening here!!

Spring is showing up in these parts. there have been lots of rainy days, cool days and some really hot days, but I think that is how its supposed to be. Regardless its been wonderful not to have to worry about layers of clothing and keeping the wood stove going.
This is a picture of the lilac trees that border one side of our property. There is another free to the right also. They smell so good! There has been weed and rock therapy. For some reason it has looked like this for most of the week. It will look good when I'm done though - maybe today. Maybe!
You will probably see lots of pictures of Marley from here on out. She seems to be the happening thing around her lately. She is still as good as can be - well-mannered, no accidents in the house, loves to play and walk, be petted and generally just be by somebody. She certainly has changed the lives of the humans in this house.


This is my favorite hanging basket since forever. I try to have several all over the place in the summer. They don't grow very well inside the house but by the end of summer this fern will have tripled in size -it just seems that the back patio has what a fern likes.


The next 2 pictures are from a walk at a large park that Marley and I went to on Sunday. We walked about 4-5 miles total and this is the hill we needed to go back up where the truck was parked. I passed up a few paths going up before we took this one. About half way up I knew I should have picked another path as this was all large roots and lots of climbing was required.



This is a picture of the lake. We walked on an asphalt path on top of the hill and on the way back we were on the path that is right up against the lake. Needless to say it was a great walk.




That's all I have for today and I need to get moving and get the grass mowed before it rains.
Until next time......




No comments: