Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Before a new year starts

I took this picture the other day as we were seeing the most significant snowfall for this season so far. It didn't amount to much - an inch or 2, but it was pretty - if you don't have to go out in it. Even though winter just started I keep thinking spring isn't far off!!
Before the last day of the year I wanted to get in these 2 pictures from Christmas Eve. That is Jessica below showing off some of her new clothes.
Here's Tyler with probably the most appreciated present of the year - a BB gun. He is definitely his Dad's boy, loves the outdoors, always wanting to go hunting. Todd and Kris came before it got dark on Christmas Eve so there was some early present opening and a trip outside to try out the BB gun (not before BB's were spilled all over the kitchen floor though). From what I hear they have already run out of the BB's we gave him and were going to town to get the biggest box they could. Its so good when someone is so excited about something you give - don't you agree??


Christmas Eve day we spent visiting the neighbors as we all exchange homemade gifts - cookies and candy, one neighbor makes bread for all of us. All the fingerless mitts were most appreciated but one of the guys wanted to know where his were? I said next year I'll knit for the guys. I think I've got my work cut out for me.
Hope you have all enjoyed this week between the holidays and I'm wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.
I'll be back next year!!

2 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Any snow is pretty! Sounds like a good Christmas!

Lib said...

The Snow pix are Beautiful!
Looks like 2 Happy Kids there:o)
Happy New Year!
Blessins',Lib