Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January

Even though we are in the thick of Winter - the calendar could slow down a bit - don't you think. Seems like we were just beginning a new year and now we have almost 1 month under our belts.

I did manage to finish my orange socks - Yeah!! Not perfect - a little big- maybe they will shrink - but now I have a pair of my own. Besides I had to get that last sock done - I needed the needles to start another pair that will hopefully fit better.

Tom got a new horse last weekend. We still have Cooper but he was really in need of a friend to share his days with. He was literally chewing down our barn - no kidding. This seems to have done the trick. I would like you all to meet Zoe. So far they seem to be getting along just fine and most of the chewing has stopped. Although Tom did put up some metal strips across the spots that he seemed to like the best. She is 6 years old and a breeding stock Paint mare - which basically means she is a Paint horse without color. Besides working and knitting I have been doing some baking and trying out some new recipes. The cinnamon rolls are from The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook. You can also gets this off of her blog, Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. They are so good!! A little bit of work to start with but 1 recipe makes between 30 and 40 rolls depending on how you cut them. I tried to freeze some - which were still just as good as the original baking - but they still only lasted a few days.

We are in for more cold weather starting from today through the weekend - so stay warm and enjoy these last days of January. See you in February!!

1 comment:

Lib said...

I too wonder where the month has gone!
A Beautiful horse!
Our weather is suppose to be bad tomorrow.:o(
Have a warm &cozy day!
Blessins',Lib