Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer - 2010

Its been a long time since I have been to this space with lots going on. I am going to try to catch up over the next week with lots of pictures - so I can remember Summer 2010 and have it not je just a blur.

Lets start with hot, hot, hot. Most people know what I'm talking about -seems to be happening everywhere. We are cooler for the time being - funny how you think 80 is cool after all those 90s.

I love these flowers, they never disappoint me and this year they are really tall. New garden spot - just big enough for 2 people. Things have been ripening slow due to all the heat but this week we have finally gotten some tomatoes. Nothing like walking right out the back door and picking them. Anything else we need we go to the local farmer's market - they seem to be everywhere this year.

Went to Columbus to watch Tyler show Jessica's pig. He did a really good job - it was the first time with a pig in the show ring for him. We did not get to see Jessica - she was on a different day but things went well for her. Now its on to their local fair. Tyler can't wait to be 9 so he can be in 4H.

Hay baling went on and we got it done before the real heat came along.



I went to Jessica's fashion show for 4-H. She made the top she is wearing. Wish I could sew like her. If I need something sewn I will be asking her!! Her county fair is in 3 weeks so she has been working hard with her pigs and steer.


That's enough for today. I will be back soon with more highlights of our summer and some knitting.
Have a good week!!



1 comment:

Lib said...

Great to see you posting again!
Enjoyed the Grands latest news:o)
Have agreat wk.Love the pix.
Blessins',Lib