Friday, October 2, 2009

Socktober and selfish knitting

Hey it's October!! One of my favorite months. Before I get started my last post was about getting some better weather from Mother Nature and she did let that happen yesterday. It was a beautiful day and I managed to get half of the grass mowed. Today though is a different story - its been raining since the wee hours of this morning and hasn't stopped. If we had a creek it would be rising!!

Below is my selfish knitting. That is what I have dubbed October. Selfish knitting month - meaning knitting for me. Do you know I have knit this cropped cardigan twice and still do not have one of my own. The yarn I am using is Malabrigo Stonechat - supposedly one of their most popular colors. Its scarlet red and different shades of brown - reminds me of chocolate so its truly fun to knit. I am almost to the the body - just a few more rows to go. I hope to have it done before Tom and I go on vacation. Yes, that's right. We are going on vacation. Something we never do. As a kid my family traveled all over the United States. His family didn't. So in about 10 days were off to see some sites - our first stop is the Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus, Ohio. He wants to see the horses - I'm going for the retail experience, which I hear can be very damaging to the wallet. From there I think we will be heading to the Smoky Mountains.

Below is a another sock. These are for Sara. Should go rather quickly since she has really small feet. Its yarn from Pagewood Farms. I'm not that experienced at saying what's the best yarn but I ripped this sock out no less than 8 times and when I started over each time it was still as good as when I first started.
(Note to Kris and Sara - selfish knitting month - don't expect your socks in October.)
Hope you all have a great weekend and the sun is shining in your neck of the woods!!

No comments: