Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yellow - Day #2

Here is day 2. The barn on the left is yellow - it was hard to get a good picture. They sit up on the window ledge at the very top in the family room. These barns were put out by Farm Bureau for Ohio's 200th birthday. A barn painter went around to every county and painted what you see on all the barns. The yellow one is Cuyahoga County - the county Tom and I grew up in and where my mother and brother still live. The one on the left is Medina County. Actually this one is only about 3 miles from our house on the main road and we pass it all the time. Ohio's bicentennial was in 2003 and the Medina County one is starting to show its age. I hope they don't pain over it.
This was a spur of the moment yellow - I was talking on the phone with Kris this afternoon and just looked up and it hit me - I have something else yellow.
See you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love painted barns - we don't have too many left in out area, though. It's great that somebody revived that tradition!