Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tidbits and fair photos, quilt results

Here is Jessica showing her cow - look at that face. She was trying not to cry - obviously cow showing is not as much fun as pig showing. Cows were at the end of the day, pigs at the beginning. She had an infectious smile all through the pig show with the judge even calling her Smiley at one point. These are the quilts Kris entered in the open show. Second on the one below- it didn't even have the wool appliques on it - think of the possibilities if it had. It Trail to Kansas.
Below is the Best of Show - pretty impressive. Kris, Sara and I several years ago got up very early once a month on Saturday mornings, took Jessica, a 1 year - 2 year old and went to the quilt shop to get our free blocks when we had completed one. Sara and I also have the same quilt.


Tyler with his eggs. No ribbons but we needed a picture nonetheless.


Tyler with is corn - the class was tallest corn in Wayne County. It was pretty dang tall.




Heres the pig show. Kris also has a few more pics on her blog - just a few!



All in all they had a great fair, but they have worked all summer at this so all that hard work did not go un noticed.
Tom is off this week. We are painting the back of the house. We are getting to many comments about the front being gray and the back yellow. Not that we have been slacking - we did put a roof on in between painting years.
Colleen you giveaway package is on the way. I hope you enjoy it!!
I said I would be back with another giveaway and I will soon. The plan that I had for the next one fell thru. Have to see what else I can come up with. There will be 2 more over the next 2 months though. Last year when I tried to do a Pay It Forward no one signed up - so instead I am doing 3 giveaways. I feel guilty that I never completed it.
Well I am off to make lunch and work in the yard. Tom will be sanding - so I'm mowing grass.
See you next week.
Jackie




2 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Great pictures! It seems like everyone did great!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! I am looking forward to it :o) Great fair pictures!